Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Harddisk dead

Options
  • 19-11-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately my external harddisk died. It's making clicking sound and nothing comes up. The worst part is I have some very important docs and pics that I really want.

Is there any way recover them? Is there someone who provies services for something like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Unfortunately my external harddisk died. It's making clicking sound and nothing comes up. The worst part is I have some very important docs and pics that I really want.

Is there any way recover them? Is there someone who provies services for something like this?

Hi, I don't know much about external HDDs, but it does sound like you have a problem. There are companies out there that provide a recovery service but as far as I know they are damn expensive. I would suggest a google search for Data Recovery Services, that should help you find what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ thanks mate. I can find many of them in google. I was actually looking for a reliable service. If someone had any experience like this then probably it would be helpful for me as well.

Advertisement