Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lasek - How long before vision improved

Options
  • 19-11-2008 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Well, I had lasek done in one eye last friday.
    The operation itself was fine, absolutely no pain. The recovery was a lot tougher than i expected, quite sore and really irritating. Felt like i wanted to scratch my eyes out.

I've been told by the surgeon that all looks good and my eye is healing very well. However its now days since the op and i still can't really see. My vision is certainly better than the eye which hasn't been done but its no where near good enough yet. I know that lasek takes longer for the vision to improve but i was just wondering how long it took people in general?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Deadeyes

I found that after ten days my eyes were ok for the most part, but for up to a month afterwards when I was tired or a bit stressed out from work they'd feel a little bit blurry. I say "feel" because trying to administer an eye test to yourself, by looking at car regs, while waiting at the bus stop is not very scientific. Plus you look like an ejitt closing one eye then the other.
    One other thing I found was that I wasn't sure how much better my eyes were until the checkups came around and I found I could nearly read the last line. The checkups are regular enough and the Consultant will be able to tell you how your doing and reassure you if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Thats exactly what i'm like, closing one eye and seeing how many number plates i can read! I'm getting the second eye done this week and am having another checkup then so i'll see how that goes. I think i was just a bit paranoid that it was taking too long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

BC wrote: »
    Thats exactly what i'm like, closing one eye and seeing how many number plates i can read! I'm getting the second eye done this week and am having another checkup then so i'll see how that goes. I think i was just a bit paranoid that it was taking too long!
    Yeah I got my left eye done in Dundrum Eye Clinic with LASEK Wavefront CustomVue on Saturday and it went grand. Yesterday I found it was rather irritating and my vision was rather blurry still but today it's been grand, I can see much better and my eye is healing well. This evening my eye was a bit dry so I used the drops they gave me a few times and it's ok. Here's a tip whilst waiting for the second eye, wear the shield over the treated eye and wear your glasses so you can only see out of your non-treated eye that's what I've been doin cos I felt dizzy with a different vision in each eye. Don't worry just keep up with the drops. Sure the consultant told me that my vision will be greatly improved when the contact lens is removed.

Advertisement