Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap/free hotels all over the world

Options
  • 19-11-2008 4:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

A friend just told me about this promotion: If you sign up at HotelClub via http://www.hotelclub.com/us50/, you get $50 worth of credit that you can use toward a booking straight away. In most cities, they have hotels available around the $50 mark, so you get to stay for free. Worked like a charm for me.

Edit: The promotion ends 30th November, by the way (meaning you must book by then, the booking can be for a later date).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

I presume you can book hotels anywhere, not just in America? ($)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

I applied the discount to a London hotel. I didn't finish the booking, but it took €39 off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Came across this site a few weeks back that was really handy www.look4ahotel.com They do the whole world, but used it for a hotel in Galway and saved 40 yo yos for a family room for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

johnfás wrote: »
    I presume you can book hotels anywhere, not just in America? ($)

Yep, works anywhere. They convert it to whatever the hotel charges when you do the booking. I just got a hotel in Berlin for €1.24 :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Great, thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭throwingmuses

Thanks just booked one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

just got a free hotel in Amsterdam for a night, hopefully it works now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

many thanks for this OP, I just booked a hotel room for valentines night for 31 euro, including breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I use Hotel Club a lot and really like their approach. Just be careful - a lot of their rates don't include breakfast. That doesn't bother me as I like to get out into a city for breakfast - but it could be a factor for some people.

Hotel Club have occasionally given me $20, $50 credit into my account which means that I've made some bookings for next to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

One of those too good to be true things?

Put your date of birth in the profile to get more discounts when its your birthday.

• Advertisement

HotelClub's rates aren't the best, but in return, they give away member dollars all over the place. The birthday thing is true. Also, you can get another $30 from here: http://www.hotelclub.com/christmas2008.asp. It *used* to be that you could combine the $50 sign-up bonus with the $30 Christmas bonus and get $80 off a single booking, but they caught on to it recently and each one must be used for a separate booking now :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭brosna

Alternatively you can sign up through Pigsback.ie and get 25 euro off your first booking plus 1,000 piggy points per booking.

http://www.pigsback.ie/pages/3/5/269.aspx?pbq=1154%2c1154%2cVOVTB

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Nice one,cheers OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭iwhelan

Booked a hotel in London in December for 7 euro - score!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

The offer seems to be only $20 off now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Down to $20 now...

I guess they did not like how many people were accepting the free $50. You can still get GBP 25 (which is almost $40) using this link http://www.hotelclub.com/tube/.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

I just signed up through hotelclub.com and it says my balance is $49..

coco06 wrote: »
    I just signed up through hotelclub.com and it says my balance is $49..

Which link did you use, the $50 or GBP 25 one?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

http://www.hotelclub.com/tube/. only after looking at this for the first time but it says my balance is $49.. just have to think of somewhere to go now!

£25 = $49!

• Advertisement

coco06 wrote: »
    £25 = $49!

Exchange rates aren't their strong side :). Either way, that means the promotion is still on for those interested in cheap/free hotels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Hey me to Nice one:D
    0663a4ddceacb40b095eda264a85f15c.gif

Advertisement