Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Cannot Empty Recycle Bin

Options
  • 19-11-2008 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, bit of a problem here.

Apparently there are 7 files in my recycle bin that are taking up quite a bit of space, but i cannot see them when I open up the recycle bin. I have selected "show hidden files" and all that but still no luck. I go to "Select all" and "Restore Selected Items" but nothing happens.

When I click "Empty Recycle Bin", I get the following message:

"Cannot remove folder Dc108: The folder is not empty".

Any advice?

:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Try restore files, shut down the PC, turn-on again, delete files, shut down the PC ,turn on again, empty bin again. Note shut down the PC is not the same as shut down and restart, it means physically switch off and wait for a minute before restarting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Were these files deleted off external media such as USB drive or external HDD? If so, plug the drive back in and try to empty the recycle bin again, or else find the files on the external and delete them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Download Unlocker 1.87 & see if it will allow you to delete them.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Reboot the pc, go into safe mode and empty the bin.

Restart in normal mode. It might help.

Otherwise go to www.download.com and get yourself a free window washer utility.
    Run that in safe mode too.

Advertisement