Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

120 KPH Dunkettle to Carrigtwohill?

Options
  • 19-11-2008 12:09am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Came someone tell me when these signs went up?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Pixie4

Yet there are still fools driving along at 90kph in the overtaking lane holding up people like me who can read the speed limit on the signs. Grrrr.....

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Pixie4 wrote: »
    Yet there are still fools driving along at 90kph in the overtaking lane holding up people like me who can read the speed limit on the signs. Grrrr.....

Exactly, they could change it to 150 and it would mean nothing. I go to work early enough (about 7) from carrigtohill to little island and traffic in both lanes is often at 80-90.

Really Irish thing to have more cars in the overtaking lane than the inside one when it gets anyway busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I think some people are just unaware of the change.

Where does the 120mph end on the east Cork side actually?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

it ends at the barryscourt flyover on the way east.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Ah, that's the slip road I always go up hense never noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I thought it was a mistake when I saw the signs. It makes little difference unless you have a clear road. People go really slowly on that road.

I drive from Glanmire to Cobh every morning and I can't believe how slowly some people drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Pixie4

Tell me about it gramlab....I drive from Midleton to Rochestown every morning just after 7am and the amount of idiots who insist on cruising along in the overtaking lane and well below the speed limit drives me nuts:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Tell me about it gramlab....I drive from Midleton to Rochestown every morning just after 7am and the amount of idiots who insist on cruising along in the overtaking lane and well below the speed limit drives me nuts:mad:

Don't get me started. F'ing MORONS!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

I use that road in the mornings too.. from monkstown ferry to little island, the lane discipline on the dual carriageway is in total chaos.. i try not to get too stressed aboout it though.. i just ignore the rules like everybody else and use whichever lane is moving faster, i'll continue to do this until the proper rules are inforced.. i haven't the patience to sit behind some twat whos hogging the fast lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

that seriously pissed me off too. Sometimes the slow would be going faster and they still wouldn't take the hint with all the cars passing the on he inside. No consideration at all like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Out of interest, how many are sticking to the new limit? I find I'm actually driving slower now. Before the increase I'd be trying to race between the known Garda haunts, but now the car seems to just settle on 74mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Out of interest, how many are sticking to the new limit? I find I'm actually driving slower now. Before the increase I'd be trying to race between the known Garda haunts, but now the car seems to just settle on 74mph.

What would you get away with in 120 zone? Same question for a 100 zone.

The reason I ask is when that stretch of road was 100 I used to drive at about 65mph. Now its a 120 I drive (when able!!) at 71 mph ish.

Is it true about the 10% rule or is that rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It's european law to allow for inaccuracies in mechanical speedometers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

The speed along the South Ring past Ballincollig is also now 120 Kph with the last 2 weeks or so..makes no differnence really expect being stuck behind Kerry reg cars who think the overtaking lane is for driving at 60kph constantly and annoying the hell out of everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Not just kerry people, just good few in general. One lady was traveling 90km/h in fast lane. I usually don't flash lights but jesus I had to. Still no sign of moving. That just tells you how much this woman payed attention on the road. Eventually everyone decided to start passing on inside lane, as bad as it is I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

or those muppets who cut across me in the slow lane to get onto the ballincollig exit from the outside lane, i'm going straight on ffs!!
    that's heading to macroom way.
    what would happen if i didn't brake??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

staker wrote: »
    or those muppets who cut across me in the slow lane to get onto the ballincollig exit from the outside lane, i'm going straight on ffs!!
    that's heading to macroom way.
    what would happen if i didn't brake??

Yeah I know those people...they bomb along at 130 km passing everyone only then to slow right down to get on the Ballincollig exit..completely pointless

Advertisement