Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Science Teachers Available in Midlands?

Options
  • 18-11-2008 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

The Principal of the secondary school where I work in Laois/Offaly is looking for a teacher of Science subjects (I think Biology might be an advantage ) to sub for an unwell colleague until Christmas I think .Please PM me with BRIEF resume and contact details .I would imagine availability for an immediate start necessary.Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 colios

Wow I thought Id be eaten alive on this !The school is hardly 50 minutes from Newlands Cross / Tallaght etc not far from many parts of Kildare etc ...No one?Just a lack of Science teachers?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

Maybe they're afraid you're a pupil just taking the mickey ? Seriously tho I think there's a rule (well there must be mustn't there) about posting job offers here.

Maybe they're afraid you're a pupil just taking the mickey ? Seriously tho I think there's a rule (well there must be mustn't there) about posting job offers here.

Fair enough point .Call Colaiste Iosagain , Portarlington and ask for Principal re part time (until Christmas?)Science job.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

XJR wrote: »
    Advertising websites/services/grinds is not permitted because we have had too many people signing up purely to do just that.

However, a job posting from a non-newbie is not a problem and hopefully will help somebody on this forum.

As far as I know there hasnt been a single applicant for this ("Temporary"(till Christmas at least as far as I know ) "full time"(subbing for a permanent teacher anyway ...)Science job yet .Ive also stuck this up at the educationposts.ie forum which is full of stories about teachers unable to get work .Makes me wonder does the jobs shortage not apply to Science or what ?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I suppose such a job would require someone who was free to commit themselves full time for a few weeks. Most people, if they don't have contracts, have contented themselves with regular part-time hours, which while not great financially will continue after Christmas. Your best bet would seem to me to be someone between maternity leave covers and then it's a matter of timing.

Advertisement