Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland.com email address going free

Options
  • 18-11-2008 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Ireland.com (the irish times' old site iirc) is now a web portal and are giving out email addresses free. Click on the ireland.com emails tab in the top right of the site to get a (rather quaint) @ireland.com email address. :cool:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Was free origionally then the sods started charging for it.

Great news, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anyone know the POP &SMTP Settings for them?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Reply from Customer Service at Ireland.com

"Unfortunately, the POP and IMAP facility is not offered as part of the free service at this time.

"It may be that it becomes available at a later date, as part of the on-going development of the service, but for now, there are no plans to introduce this.

"I apologise for any inconvenience caused."

So there we go. Not much good to me without POP access I'm afraid!

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

what is POP access?

I've had my own ireland.com for years...have to say its cool having an ireland.com email address

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I find gmail does the job for me...I have no desire to have an @ireland.com mail address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

the new email system is very like Outlook so a lot easier to use for a web based system

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Aye without pop access, no use to me although I might use it just for junk stuff..

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    what is POP access?

I've had my own ireland.com for years...have to say its cool having an ireland.com email address

It's when you use an onboard client such as Outlook Express, Outlook or Windows Mail etc. to send & receive your mail without the need to use their Web based interface.

-

Advertisement