Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drains Blocked - Need to borrow a pair of waders

Options
  • 18-11-2008 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Anyone know how much waders cost or if theres any place you can hire them? :confused: Live in Clonee so between Blanchardstown in Dublin and Dunboyne in Meath.
    Have back garden flooded & need to borrow a pair to unblock the drain in the corner.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

Old pair of shoes
    Cold feet
    Then a hot shower should do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Buy a pair of fishermans waders in a marine suppliers.
    I highly doubt they can be hired!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,971 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The lads over in the Angling Forum may be able to point you in the right direction. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=62

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Any of your friends into fishing might have a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

2 black bin liners, one per leg and a pair of wellies.
    Good hot shower afterwards is a good idea.

Sooner the better or you might be lookin for a boat next!:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

I just wanted him to feel how a pike angler feels standing up to your waste in the middle of winter:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nialldonohoe

Thanks for the suggestion guys. Tried the bin liners. Worked well in 1 leg & not so good in the other. Water is up to waist height so once I was up to my crotch I had to back out.
    Also the water is fairly polluted with effluent and rat piss so I dont exactly want to have to grin & bear the cold while I get infected with some mad disease.
    Think they're gonna hire a JCB instead and find out where the pipe is, crack it open and try and rod it from there.
    Should be fun. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Allabaah

If the water has effluent and more dangerously rat piss in it I would be very careful with open cuts etc. Wyles disease is very dangerous and can be contracted from rat urine aka piss!

Good luck with the JCB!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Jaysus, if its up to your "waste" (har har) then you are better off out of it. You could slip or fall on anything submerged that you cant see or just get stuck in the mud and could be very dangerous.

Advertisement