Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Oranmore Area

Options
  • 18-11-2008 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    Have the GF's parents up for her grad soon and I wanted to bring them out for a nice meal. Problem is the grad is on early and they aint stayin over so I'll need a nice restaurant in the area that serves meat and 2 veg (country folk :)). Wanted the Old Schoolhouse in Clarenbridge but they don't open till 5.30 :(
    Tryin to avoid pubs for food too, her Dad is very anti-alcohol, which is weird cos he likes me :confused:
    Anyways, any help would be great guys

HB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Fooz

What about http://www.moransoystercottage.com/ near Kilcolgan?

I haven't been but friends of mine who are into their food really liked this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Funny you should say that
    WE LIVE RIGHT BESIDE IT!!!!!
    Don't really like the place, only been there 3 times in 2 years, food is ok if you're into shellfish etc..... I am, the bumpkins are not :)

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

Basilico, on Main St Oranmore. Fantastic Italian.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Some local places that I can suggest ...

- Dai Romani - Lovely Italian in Clarinbridge - Everybody likes a nice pizza !! - Nice food/service/people and setting
    - Raftery's Rest in Kilcolgan - There are a few tables behind the fireplace - separate from the pub section - There is also a newly refurbished restaurant but I have no idea what it's like - I suspect quite traditional.
    - Paddy Burke's in Clarinbridge - not my favourite but probably as traditional as you can get. You need to walk through the pub to get to the restaurant room but it's separate.

Don't know when these places start serving food in the evening.

Enjoy your meal.

ValerieR
    www.irishfishkeepers.com
    connaught.fishkeeping.society[at]gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Basilico, on Main St Oranmore. Fantastic Italian.

ya i second that.

asian fusion is nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

Moran's is good, but very expensive.
    Keanes Pub in Oranmore is excellent and well priced.
    The Somerfield in Claregalway is excellent and well priced.
    I have been to the Moorings. Excellent. I think there may be some building going on there at the moment.

Thought the Moorings was gone and it's a Chinese Restaurant now - not sure though

Valerie

It has a building site in front of it at the moment, but I think it is still there.
    They also offer B&B.

The Moorings is gone and now there is a Chineese there - Wong Size. Nice name for a restaurant.
    Actually, Oranmore is full of places to eat. Drove through it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭finlma

The Moorings is gone and now there is a Chineese there - Wong Size. Nice name for a restaurant.
    Actually, Oranmore is full of places to eat. Drove through it today.

It's called Wong Sze (pronounced 'Zee').

Aisian Fusion is over-rated. Wong Sze is cheaper and nicer. Basillico is really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Hi,
    Looking for somewhere between Kinvara and Town for a cheap and cheerful bite to eat. I thought Oranmore may be a good spot location wise and was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations please. :)
    Thanks....

Depends what you want to eat ...

* Oranmore :
    - Basilico - Italian Restaurant - serves bar food too - nice - not too expensive in the bar
    - Santoor - Indian Restaurant - very nice - regular prices

* Clarinbridge
    - Paddy Burkes - Pub and Restaurant - never really go there (I find it too dark) but good reports
    - Providence Country Kitchen - very nice coffee shop with lovely and abundant salads, rolls, ...

* Kilcolgan
    - Morans - Seafood - expensive for what it is imo
    - Raftery's Rest - bar/restaurant - ok

* Kinvara
    - The Pier Head - bar/restaurant with a lovely view - expensive restaurant imo, not sure about about cost of bar food (haven't been there in a while)

Hope this helps.
    ValerieR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

ValerieR wrote: »
    * Clarinbridge
    - Paddy Burkes - Pub and Restaurant - never really go there (I find it too dark) but good reports
    - Providence Country Kitchen - very nice coffee shop with lovely and abundant salads, rolls, ...

There's also a nice cafe in Clarinbridge called the Poppy Seed (I think). Down past the Centra shop near Paddy Burke's. Do great cakes/desserts in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mallett

poppy seed moved in behind centra and providence is now beside paddy burkes.

Advertisement