Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 32" LCD for €399 - Richer Sounds (Belfast)

Options
  • 18-11-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Just picked this up on Friday evening up in Belfast on the way to Ikea.

It was £329 instore, and paying using my VISA this cost me €397 on the statement. All in all, a good bargain.

This is on the Pixmania website today for €469!

This is a Series 3 model (LE32A336) with the black glossy finish, and the picture quality is excellent. A Freeview tuner is included (if you can get it), but the Analog receiver will probably not receive terrestial Irish channels. This didnt bother me, given this was going into my son's room for his games console and dvd player. It has 2 x HDMI ports, component, SCART etc.

Here is the link to the Richer Sounds website with the offer: http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SAMS-LE32A336

305094.jpg
    Sudo911.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mackTheKnife

That link says its available only in store ...

Anyone know the difference between the A330 and A336 ? is this just the european model ?

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1519153/art/samsung/le32a330-lcd-television.html?type=i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Series 3? they're at series 9 now,it must be ancient. TVs have come along way the last couple of years,i don't think this is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

joeperry wrote: »
    Series 3? they're at series 9 now,it must be ancient. TVs have come along way the last couple of years,i don't think this is a bargain.

Am nearly sure they are at Series 5 now? Could be mistaken...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

All series from 3 to 9 are available at the moment.Needless to say, 3 being the worst and 9 being the best. They are all current models really

Sorry yes i retract my first post,normally i'm right.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I bought a samsung series 6 46inch lcd in June and that was the "latest" model on the market at the time. Now just 5 months later they're at series 9? At this rate they're going to hit series 1,345,456,556 by this time next year. All their tvs will have to be at least 60 inches wide to accommodate the series number :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

only 2 hdmi slots is a bit small?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭sudo911

The choice was between a Beko 32" model (in PowerCity) and this Sammy. I've no problems with the Beko, as my wife bought one for her nan recently, but I just didnt think it was asthetically pleasing! ;)

Funnily enough, this Sammy LCD was replacing an old 28" Beko CRT TV which decided to die after 10 years of faithful service - so I've no problems with the Beko kit from a reliability perspective.

Anyway, the picture quality is perfect (XBOX360 running at 1080i) over HDMI - the sound it maybe a bit tinny, but then again I'm normally listening to a set of floorstanders so nothing is really going to compare to them...

I had the same question about the Series 3 being an older model, but I have to agree with Zonda999 - these along with the newer version are all current - and given the picture quality was better than the Beko - that's all that mattered.

After all, this is for my kids room so 1080p/BluRay is not important - I have my 60" Pioneer Plasma for that kinda stuff ;)

Sudo911.

sudo911 wrote: »
    I have my 60" Pioneer Plasma for that kinda stuff ;)

Sudo911.

You lucky git :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

sudo911 wrote: »

After all, this is for my kids room so 1080p/BluRay is not important - I have my 60" Pioneer Plasma for that kinda stuff ;)

Sudo911.

Yeah, but what series is the Pio?? ;):D

• Advertisement
Advertisement