Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my idea

Options
  • 18-11-2008 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Audio books are generally hours long, how would a YouTube experience be better than one offered by the likes of download services like audible?

How would you fund such a service, paying for voice talent and royalties to publishers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kcim

q

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

kcim wrote: »
    stories and books are big business so what if there was a site like youtube that you could sit back and listen to a whole book. like harry potter for instance.

What do u thnk

this may seem off topic, but bear with me! are you a taxi driver by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I think you need to stop having these crazy get rich quick ideas, and start trying to build some of them. It's the only way to see if things will work?

Also, remember, any good idea will have loads of criticism so it's not always good to listen to people either. If you think you have a good idea, then explore it, evolve it, get feedback, listen to some of it, and try and see if you can build it on a small scale.

p wrote: »
    I think you need to stop having these crazy get rich quick ideas, and start trying to build some of them. It's the only way to see if things will work?

Haha!! I've had a few alright!
    I quess I'm also afraid of success - (strange i know) which is why i haven't done anything with my ideas :( I think i need to get the finger out..

• Advertisement

this may seem off topic, but bear with me! are you a taxi driver by any chance?

nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

kcim wrote: »
    Haha!! I've had a few alright!
    I quess I'm also afraid of success - (strange i know) which is why i haven't done anything with my ideas :( I think i need to get the finger out..

And maybe keep things to yourself? Not always a good plan to go shouting your business ideas to the world in general, and specifically at people in an industry your trying to break into.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Evil Phil wrote: »
    And maybe keep things to yourself? Not always a good plan to go shouting your business ideas to the world in general, and specifically at people in an industry your trying to break into.
    I think there's very few people in the world who'll actually do something about your ideas so it's not a huge risk. I'd say everyone has hundreds of ideas in their lifetime that could make them rich. It's the long hard hours of time & effort that turn that idea into a success though, not just having the idea. Talking about the idea can help generate buzz, help find investors or collaborators, and just generally give you good feedback. People who keep their ideas to themselves rarely do anything.

Advertisement