Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you get a decent breakfast in Carlow?

Options
  • 18-11-2008 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

I know the good garages for a breakfast rolls...

any help please... or suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

i used to travel to carlow a bit and never had a good breakfast there.

its not part of the culture there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

toughers on the dublin road....not really sure how much longer that will last due to bypass

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭patrickc

racso1975 wrote: »
    toughers on the dublin road....not really sure how much longer that will last due to bypass

i was going to suggest there also, it still seems to have plenty of cars and trucks etc when i pass it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

CDfm wrote: »
    i used to travel to carlow a bit and never had a good breakfast there.

its not part of the culture there

Orly? Tell us where you went for your breakfast, and if you say haddens I will be even more annoyed. ;)

Like everywhere else, you need to know where to go, I wouldn't go to haddens, nor would I go to the garage out the kilkenny road. Muck.

I would go to buzzes or the cafe at the far end of tullow street, near TSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

there's a lovely little place on Dublin St. up near the court house. I think its called Hennessey's but I'm not sure. Their breakfast is SAVAGE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I find the place in the shopping centre to be one of the best....Cafe le Monde I think.

I find the place in the shopping centre to be one of the best....Cafe le Monde I think.

The one in Carlow shopping center AKA Superquinn?

The one in Carlow shopping center AKA Superquinn?

yeh cafe le monde is that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 libby22

the dinn ri do good food. & i got a brill breakfast/cure one monday mornin in a pub on tullow st think its teach dolman? ;)

The teach is a good pub for grub, good mate of mine is a chef in there :) I rather eat there than any of the other pubs... Buzzes is great for lunches though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The canteen in the college. Student special ftw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Quiet Lurker

The teach is a good pub for grub, good mate of mine is a chef in there :) I rather eat there than any of the other pubs... Buzzes is great for lunches though.

Teach Dolmen is alway reliable, safe but not spectacular. However I wish you luck in Buzzes for lunch. it closed over a year ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When passing through I have stopped in Rattlebag ( near Abrakabra) for brekkie and I found it really good.

BUT i hear what somebody says about Hennessys amd it is excellent if eccentric and when i was there to meet someone a couple of weeks ago they have two of the most gorgeous girls working behind the counter. Worth it for that alone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Kiith wrote: »
    The canteen in the college. Student special ftw!!

Ahh only if you're there at the very start of it..They tend to let their food dry up and...eugh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

there used to be a great breakfast in the pepper pot on dublin street but that closed up too

ShayK1 wrote: »
    there's a lovely little place on Dublin St. up near the court house. I think its called Hennessey's but I'm not sure. Their breakfast is SAVAGE!

Had a Hennessey's brekkie this morning. My God it was sooooo good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Had a Hennessey's brekkie this morning. My God it was sooooo good!!

thank you, that will be the one to try some morning. one morning last week was out early, kids in school, and not a clue where to go for breakfast - i resent paying money for bad food, in any way.

queen-mise wrote: »
    i resent paying money for bad food, in any way.

can't blame you for that.

have never tried hennesy's for breakfast, their lunches ill give them a 5/10

Advertisement