Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading Bertie?

Options
  • 18-11-2008 12:43am

Can the streaming programmes on RTE.ie be downloaded? I ask because my parents missed the last part of the Bertie documentary tonight. I can't ask them to sit around a pc and watch it so I was wondering can it be downloaded for showing on a tv?

I don't want to sell it or do anything illegal with it. I hope this post does not contravene the forum rules. I checked the FAQ and did a few searches but got nothing. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Theres Firefox extensions out there that can rip videos but not sure if mentioning them is allowed. You should find them easily enough though..

Why dont you just show them the stream? If you download it how do you plan to show it to them?

ShooterSF wrote: »
    If you download it how do you plan to show it to them?

I don't know really....I was thinking to maybe try to burn it to a disc to play on XBMC. Haven't really got that far yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Hmm Id say if you do download it it'll be in flash video format so you'll prob need to convert it aswell.... Download Helper seems to be an extension for firefox that converts as it downloads on the go. Not sure how good the quality is but may be worth a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

If you have RealPlayer 11 Gold installed, it should have installed a "Download This Video" feature along with it.

Just hover your mouse over the video and you should see the download button.

You'll probably end up with a .rm or .ram file which XBMC should be able to play without converting it. (Also plays .flv btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

You'll probably end up with a .rm or .ram file which XBMC should be able to play without converting it. (Also plays .flv btw)

You end up with a IVR File (.ivr) file, I haven't got around to formatting it for dvd yet but its may just play with real player

• Advertisement
Advertisement