Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Rock - Your views

Options
  • 18-11-2008 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there, new to boards.ie and would like your thoughts on wether or not there is a interest in celtic rock in Ireland. I lived in the US for 8 years and have been playing music (mostly ballads) for 20 years. While in NYC got involved in a Celtic rock group Finns Fury and wondered if it would be worth my while starting same type band here (Cork City) or going for more softer setup like acoustic guitar, lead guitar, cello and bouzouki (Christy Moore style). Your thoughts please here is sample of The Auld Triangle www.myspace.com/frankiecarroll

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

I personally really like "Celtic Rock" and enjoyed your version of The Auld Triangle. I would think that type of band would work in Cork; there are too many of the Christy Moore type acts around.
    My favourite band of that genre at the moment are The Biblecode Sundays from London. Would do no harm to check out their albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I really like that song on (your?) myspace page.

I personally love celtic/folk rock anyway, ButI don't think I've ever seen that type of band play live anywhere, just celtic metal bands like Cruachan and Waylander.

More is always welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Celtic Rock is far more popular among Irish emigrant communities. I go to Glasgow on a regular basis and there are numerous such bands over there e.g The Wakes, The Exiles.
    This genre could take off in Ireland and would recommend you give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

personally i wouldn't "buy" it but on a saturday night a few friends a few pints i couldn't think of anything better
    go go go

Advertisement