Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this bad? Error: "System Halt" and others

Options
  • 17-11-2008 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

PC crashed and got this on starting it. I think it shut down from overheating but just worried about this message I got?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Looks like its looking for a reboot disk, if you have any cds in the drive take them out or if you have any floppy disks take them out of the drive.

If you don't have a floppy disk drive you, make have to go into the BIOS to disable it on startup

(If you still have a floppy drive it may be time to upgrade your computer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I have Floppy disabled in the BIOS. It's also never mentioned boot disks before regardless of what's in the DVD drives.

It's just that I've never had this message before on the PC. I reckon it is on it's way out but I'm hoping to hold on to it as long as possible !

Advertisement