Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox problem

Options
  • 17-11-2008 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭

Hi there, new firefox update was downloaded yesterday. Since then however i try to open firefox and it wont open, any ideas why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

There could be another firefox running stopping it from opening,

press Ctrl+Alt+Delete

In the task manager click on the Processes tab and if firefox.exe is running click on it and then End Process. Then try Firefox again

Works for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Did that but no luck unfortunately. When i end firefox.exe inprocesses and open firefox it comes back up in properties but doesnt open up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

try download the latest version and install it again, all your favourites and settings should be still there after the install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

daftdave wrote: »
    try download the latest version and install it again, all your favourites and settings should be still there after the install.

Did that as well, with same results as above, very annoying IE is useless:o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

since i got the update, i got my first blue screen on this comp while using firefox... coincidence?

yeah probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

try a system restore - to a previous date when firefox was working ok for you .

Advertisement