Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nearly got stung on the buses

Options
  • 17-11-2008 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭

Comin in to work this morning (bout half an hour ago), was on time and all.

Inspectors got on about 3/4 of the journey. Just showed him me ticket like everyone else. He grabbed it off me and start lookin at the bus journeys. Asked me where i was goin. i lied and said "cupla stops up there". He then goes "You SURE your not goin to town?" and i'm like "Well how far does that ticket get me?" and he goes "Next stop"! lol so i go "ok, well i just happen to be gettin off next stop!". So off i get, about half an hour walk from work. Just so happened the inspectors got off at that stop too. Was gonna just wait and get the next bus but couldnt coz they were standin there waitin on the next bus.

So i walked up to the next bus stop and let the first bus go by, which i couldnt really afford to coz it was 6:25 and im in at 6:30! So the first bus goes by, and i hop on the second. paid the fare and spotted out the corner of me eye that the bloody inspectors had done the exact same thing and let the first bus go by! was ragin! sat up the front on the first seat, while they barraged some girl with questions and kicked her off too. Luckily they didnt see me and got off the next stop without noticing me again. coulda been much worse morning that bein 8 minutes late for work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

I've never used the bus in Sydney yet and I've been here 3 years! Use the train a lot though. Great public transport system here (compared to Irish cities anyway), yet that metro paper is always full of people complaining that their train was 2 minutes late! That always makes me laugh, no pleasing some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I've never used the bus in Sydney yet and I've been here 3 years! Use the train a lot though. Great public transport system here (compared to Irish cities anyway), yet that metro paper is always full of people complaining that their train was 2 minutes late! That always makes me laugh, no pleasing some people.

Yeah I noticed that, I live by a train station (2min walk), the biggest gripe I have is when a train comes early!
    there is nothing worse than seeing a train leaving ... bah!

compared to ireland yeah good transport, but the services are still crap compared to other cities ... also if a train is 2-5mins late in the morning it makes a MASSIVE difference, my train is absolutely jammed when it is late add more people who arrive late and it is unreal.

Advertisement