Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get quality tights and winter gear in dublin or online?

Options
  • 17-11-2008 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

i dont really know my way around town too much for this kinda stuff....looking for decent quality gear: specialized,craft level etc, not assos! i cant afford that stuff

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

slap/dash wrote: »
    i dont really know my way around town too much for this kinda stuff....looking for decent quality gear: specialized,craft level etc, not assos! i cant afford that stuff

thanks

Online there's probikekit, chainreactioncycles and wiggle -in Dublin there's the Cycle Superstore in Tallaght

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Hi I'm looking to pick up some padded shorts. I'm going to pick some bits up from wiggle this week and ideally I would like to get shorts that I can use for cycling but will do my also for Triathlon. Are Tri shorts padded and does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks people:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Tri shorts are only very lightly padded. I would suggest that you just get separate cycling and tri shorts (or for that matter a tri suit.) Tri shorts are not going to be quite as comfortable over longer distances but you will certainly not want to swim or run in standard cycling shorts. Or cycle in them after you come out of the water for that matter :D (The chamois will get completely waterlogged and indeed is annoying in a run even if dry.)

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

Online there's probikekit, chainreactioncycles and wiggle -in Dublin there's the Cycle Superstore in Tallaght

thanks!! those sites look great. do you take the luas to tallagh shopping centre for that place?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

they have moved from there. They are in the industrial estate near kilnamanagh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

You can still take the Luas to Tallaght to get to it. It's about a 15 to 20 minute walk from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

This is the route from the LUAS stop to the store

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

Im looking to get a pair of tights for the winter. I like the lookm of these ones but the sizing seems crazy.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/dhb_Merston_Bib_Tights_09/5360038993/

6'2" and 34" waist.....why do these tights have a 38" waist. I thought cyclists were a skinny breed.
    Anyone bought these?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,049 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Harpz wrote: »
    6'2" and 34" waist.....why do these tights have a 38" waist. I thought cyclists were a skinny breed.

I suspect that's a generic sizing chart, not specific to these tights.

IMO the critical measurement for tights is the length - if you get them too long they can gather behind the knee, which is very irritating on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

Hi,

This shop is in Cork. I bought Pearl Izumi tights and love them, I also promised to promote them! http://www.theedge-sports.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement