Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retail Sales / Deals Watch

Options
  • 17-11-2008 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

is anybody interested in a central watch list monitoring Irish retailer sales announcements and bargain alerts. Seems like the press and media are full of them but nobody keeps a simple referral source which is accurate and updated.

I work selling into the Irish retail sector so have a lot of contact with what's going on- if people think it would be useful I'll start it up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Isn't that what Bargain Alerts does?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I agree with the OP. There are often offers that wouldnt count as a bargain but are good deals for a shop none the less. I would think this would mainly apply to electrical stuff like tellys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 whytie99

I'll stick some examples up tomorrow of what I am thinking of.
    Zonda999 wrote: »
    I agree with the OP. There are often offers that wouldnt count as a bargain but are good deals for a shop none the less. I would think this would mainly apply to electrical stuff like tellys

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Blackrocks

Hi
    I think this would be a great idea ... there are many that Bargain alerts may not hear of in time,, has anybody dealt with TheMahoganyStore - their prices seem pretty amazing for the quality...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 whytie99

as a brief example:

Tubs & Tiles - 50% off until Dec 3rd
    Atlantic Homecare Naas Rd moving sale - 20% to 50% off
    Belle Epoque Dun Laoghaire - closing down sale
    Heatons - 10% bonus on any gift card value loaded in November
    O2 - €100 Treat Card with a new prepay phone

I'd probably do several categories and update it twice weekly. Not sure if this thread is the easiest place to do this in terms of updates so I could link to our own site www.giftcardshop.ie where it will be a sub page but feedback welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

great idea, rip off ireland and the recession are in full flow so anything that helps....well.....helps.. i suppose !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Hp Em110e in Pc World for €749. Picked up one myself tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Great idea I say. Let us know where to go christmass shopping at the moment, only problem is people will find the sales before me and get all the good things :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Great idea - Go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Can we rename it Recession Busters or something? :p

Ghostbuster%20meny.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement