Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about the OZ whv

Options
  • 17-11-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭

I applied for my whv online through the Australian government website. Anyway everything went fine and I got an email back with saying it has been granted and a visa grant number. What I'm not sure about is what do I do when I actually get to Australia, a friend mentioned something about having to go to a visa center and fill out more forms? Or do I just give my reference no. to customs when I get off the plane?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i did nothing. jsut gave them my passsport. its all electronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I applied for my whv online through the Australian government website. Anyway everything went fine and I got an email back with saying it has been granted and a visa grant number. What I'm not sure about is what do I do when I actually get to Australia, a friend mentioned something about having to go to a visa center and fill out more forms? Or do I just give my reference no. to customs when I get off the plane?

I have same thing as applied through goverment website. If you want an insert into your passport of the visa you can get it when you get over there but its not necessary. I assumed its pretty much like they ask you a few questions about your plans and stuff and thats about it and fill out a form when you land stating you are on the WHV. Hopefully more info will come along from others as i am interested too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Yeah you don't have to do anything it's all linked to your passport number. So that's all immigration will need. However I would recommend getting the visa put in your passport it's easier to show people regarding work etc. And we did get asked by police before for ours I know they can check it by calling the immi office but it was grand to be able to show them.

There is an immigration office in Sydney airport or Melboune CBD

As always though print out any confirmation forms you got.

Advertisement