Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet History Problem

Options
  • 17-11-2008 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

OK

sorry if this is in the wrong forum mods please feel free to move...

i have a little problem. I am trying to clear internet history in work. now i am using internet explorer, i have gone into options and cleared temperoary internet files and caches and clear all history thats grand.

when i go into internet explorer and type in website addresses if im putting in www.boards.ie as soon as i put in the b the website address appears.

any one any ideas please???????????

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

You do know that odds are clearing the history on your work pc still wont erase the records for the IT guys? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭D-!

oh yeh i know that its more the my colleagues - as when im not here they would be on my computer and i dont want them to know what websites im going into

D-! wrote: »
    oh yeh i know that its more the my colleagues - as when im not here they would be on my computer and i dont want them to know what websites im going into

Dont give em you password, they can log onto your machine as themselves.
    They wont see your history then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well you can turn off 'AutoComplete', Tools-Internet Options->AutoComplete and untick anything there.

unfortunately i have already given them my password, and they do need to get into my computer when i am not here so even if i do change it i will have to give them my password anyway

so does nobody know how i can get rid of the addresses coming up??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

if you can install programs...
    http://www.ccleaner.com/

thanks ruu that worked!

thanks so much for all coming back so quickly :)

Sounds kinda strange that if you cleared the history that it still shows up.
    Thats why i was trying to give alternative options btw.

Back to them logging on. Just give them a separate logon to your pc.
    Change your password, create a new user for them and forward them the login details for the new account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Are you sure your not typing this into a Google Toolbar? Because Google uses it's indexed results to help with your search.

Try typing in a website you've never visited and see if that comes up.

Advertisement