Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internationals midweek.

Options
  • 17-11-2008 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

england seem to have a bare bones squad terry, lampard , gerrard and i think ferdinand all doubhtfull
    keane out for ireland too
    fixtures here

International Match
    Austria v Turkey, 19:30
    Azerbaijan v Albania, 16:00
    Bahrain OFF Australia, 15:00
    Brazil v Portugal
    Colombia v Nigeria
    Cyprus v Belarus, 17:00
    Denmark v Wales, 19:15
    Egypt v Benin, 17:00
    France v Uruguay, 20:00
    Germany v England, 19:45
    Greece v Italy, 16:00
    Holland v Sweden, 19:45
    Israel v Ivory Coast, 17:00
    Luxembourg v Belgium, 19:30
    Malta v Iceland, 13:30
    Montenegro v FYR Macedonia, 16:30
    Morocco v Zambia, 19:00
    Northern Ireland v Hungary, 19:45
    Peru OFF Paraguay
    Rep of Ireland v Poland, 20:00
    Romania v Georgia, 18:30
    Scotland v Argentina, 20:00
    Serbia v Bulgaria, 16:30
    Slovakia v Liechtenstein, 16:30
    Slovenia v Bosnia-Herzegovina, 19:15
    South Africa v Cameroon, 18:30
    Spain v Chile, 21:00
    Switzerland v Finland, 19:30
    Ukraine v Norway, 18:00
    Venezuela OFF Angola

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

McGeady's out for Ireland too I believe

Supposed to be goin the match, it's gonna be sh*te :( lol

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

dunno if i'll be doin any bets for these.. much like cup games there is really no way of knowing how they will turn out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭jacool

Friendlies should be avoided like the plague - for betting purposes anyway.
    Unless you get 10/1 on a player to score anytime when you know all the big names will be missing, otherwise, give 'em a miss, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

jacool wrote: »
    Friendlies should be avoided like the plague - for betting purposes anyway.
    Unless you get 10/1 on a player to score anytime when you know all the big names will be missing, otherwise, give 'em a miss, IMO.

my thoughts exactly:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

go for draws for the friendlys, thats my advice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

was looking at this game uae v iran. iran 11/10 they will want to win for sure.
    4 of the 5 in the group on the same points. uae lost all 3 ..
    check this out
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?league=fifa.worldq.afc&cc=5739

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll look at anytime goalscorers when the teams are announced - David Healy for NI always worth a punt.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dave! wrote: »
    McGeady's out for Ireland too I believe

Supposed to be goin the match, it's gonna be sh*te :( lol

Gibson and Whelan in the middle again. Caleb Folan up front. McShane in the back. Ireland 6/5? Oh hell no!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Lads we all know the friendlies are super dodgy so why not have a bet on some World Cup Qualifiers starting shortly

Australia to beat Bahrain 4/5 (Do the lotto if you were on this but a win all the same!!)

Few lads back from injury, Bahrain have lost 3 of their last 4 games including their last 2 home games and are missing 6 players today. Australia have won 6 of their last 8 games and have won their last 3 away games

Iran to beat U.A.E 10/11

UAE have lost all 3 of their qualifiers so far, sat at the bottom of their group having conceeded 8 goals and scored 3

Iran are second inthe group with 2 wins and a draw with 3 goals and conceeding 2

Larger stake on Australia but pretty confident that both will come in - more confident than any of the friendlies anywho! prob jinxed myself as well now

Both games are on shortly and are streamed on Bet 365 if you have an account

Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Australia to beat Bahrain 4/5

Few lads back from injury, Bahrain have lost 3 of their last 4 games including their last 2 home games and are missing 6 players today. Australia have won 6 of their last 8 games and have won their last 3 away game

Larger stake on Australia but pretty confident that both will come in - more confident than any of the friendlies anywho! prob jinxed myself as well now

Both games are on shortly and are streamed on Bet 365 if you have an account

Best of luck!!

backed australia myslef got lucky very late goal to win 1-nil
    but a win is a win:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Australia to beat Bahrain 4/5
    Iran to beat U.A.E 10/11

Well Australia score after 90 minutes, looks like they'll scrape a win. In the other match UAE are surprisingly ahead by 1-0 with 80 minutes gone...

jArgHA wrote: »
    Well Australia score after 90 minutes, looks like they'll scrape a win. In the other match UAE are surprisingly ahead by 1-0 with 80 minutes gone...

1-1 now...come on Iran!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

1-1 now...come on Iran!!

phew that was close - I layed the draw pre-match and luckily traded it off with 79minutes gone (final score 1-1).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Ireland, germany, spain and argentina @ 10/1

Just to keep me interested for the nite ;):p

jArgHA wrote: »
    phew that was close - I layed the draw pre-match and luckily traded it off with 79minutes gone (final score 1-1).

Im pretty new to betfair so kept my stakes relatively low on this one. Feelin my way around. Haven'y started laying/trading jus yet. I was tempted to do something drastic in the Oz match - glad I didn't now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Won a few quid on a treble of Spain, Holland and Argentina.

Had a sixfold from 7 too, I backed :

Argentina
    Spain
    Holland
    France
    Romania
    Czech Republic
    and Phil Taylor to win in darts.

All won except fúcking France, drew with Uruguay, but I still got some money since I chose a sixfold. Not bad :)

Advertisement