Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a good Doctor in Laois- Know any?

Options
  • 17-11-2008 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi All, :D

Got rid of old doctors as i was very unhappy :( with their treatment of me. So now i need a new doctor but i dont know any. :rolleyes: Any good one's freinds have reccomended, are not taking on new patients right now. :mad: Prob cos the influx of medical card patients or something. But i need a doctor. Hospitals will not send out results to you directly. They have to send them to a doctor.
    A doctor in Portlaoise, Mountrath, Abbeyleix, Roscrea...I'll consider anywhere if the doc is good.

Thanks for any and all suggestions. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

The OH goes to Dr David Rabninowich in Durrow and I go to Dr John Madden in Abbeyleix/ Ballinakill. Both pretty good imo.

As far as I know there is also a Dr McDonagh working out of the healthcentre in Abbeyleix but I don't know much about him.

Best of luck with it OP. I know how much of a pain it can be to find a doc.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

paperclip2 wrote: »
    The OH goes to Dr David Rabninowich in Durrow and I go to Dr John Madden in Abbeyleix/ Ballinakill. Both pretty good imo.

As far as I know there is also a Dr McDonagh working out of the healthcentre in Abbeyleix but I don't know much about him.

Best of luck with it OP. I know how much of a pain it can be to find a doc.:)

Went to Dr Madden for years, but left as i never managed to see him twice always shoved over to another different doctor that happened to be there or if you get lucky you'd get to see Dr Madden.
    Now go to DrMcDonagh in Abbeyleix health centre and he's lovely always ready to sit down and chat and really listens (you'd swear I had some serious medical issues and not just a miserable flu or somoething). They will always squash you in. Went to a lot of doctors before finding Dr McDonagh, he is lovely, most of my friends have now switched to him and swear by him, he loves to tell you interesting little facts about what you have as well.. " did you know....". He's quiet a funny guy and very down to earth, would recommend him in a hearthbeat.
    Hope this helps and good luck.

Advertisement