Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My build!

Options
  • 17-11-2008 1:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hah, Toy hauler! ;D 8)

We bought this last year and started working on it around April this year! We sold our thrusty ole blue 307 Merc to make us pull the finger and get stuck in!

It started life a a Luton bodied Merc Sprinter! Its a 16ft box! And myself and Ivan (Partsman) got stuck in often with the help of Bohall and The Red lad!

van2.jpg

VAN4.jpg

First off, I stripped out the cab for cleaning

VAN3.jpg

and to cut a hole in the bulkhead and box to create a walkthrough! ::)

VAN5.jpg

The cutting was the easy bit, sealing it up was going to be adifferent matter!

Next I welded up a frame to create the partition between the bikes/workshop and the living space!

P1050589Small.jpg

P1050586Small.jpg

Feeling brave again I set on the body and cut holes in the side for windows and the side door! The door required another steel fram for strenght! Fitting the windows proved messy trying to keep the silicone looking respectable!

P1050482Small.jpg
    I sourced the windows, door and locker doors from Leisure Vehicle window in the UK, they where along time coming but worth the wait!

Next I cut timber for the partition and it was set inplace by my Dad and the crew!
    P1050592Small.jpg

P1050593Small.jpg
    Workshop side!

Then we set about lining out the side walls and roof of the living area and installing the lighting!

P1050597Small.jpg

P1050607Small.jpg
    Bed area over cab!

And i cleaned up the cab area ready for refitting!

P1050605Small.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

how many transformers did you need for those spots? are you using LED's?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NWBertie

very good!!!..keep us posted on how your project developes...look forward to seeing the finished wagon

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

don't forget to insulate if ye are staying onboard over night

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Looks the business, fair play. Keep us updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

nice built - it'll be a spacious motorhome too!
    looking forward to more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

OP - PM sent.....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Hows the build going?

Advertisement