Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does she feel the same?

Options
  • 16-11-2008 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey!
    This is like a really long story but i'll try to keep it short and sweet.
    I work with a girl that i really really like. We've worked together now for 3 years and have always liked her. I'm a lot older than her (like 8 years) but we seem to be on the same wavelength and could chat for hours on end in and out of work. We live close to each other and she has often called up for like a chat and we'd like be talking for hours and i really like having her around.

I would love nothing more to be in a relationship with her but i'm afraid to ask or even suggest it in case it ruins our friendship.

On a number of occasions when i would be going out i would drop into conversation where i was going (in the hope she would turn up) and even when she says she would be going somewhere else 9 times out of 10 she would turn up. A few times she would come home with me and we would even share the same bed but i would keep my cloths on and not even dream of trying anything on incase she got freaked out by it.

One time when we were both drunk i explained to her that i really cared for her and the next day i don't think she remembered because we both just carried on like nothing was ever said.

I do really want to tell her when we are both sober but i'm afraid of loosing a very special friend. Can anyone advise me of anyway of trying to find out if she feels the same without asking straight out, from the way we are i feel she is but i'm so unsure. Can anyone please help!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

honestly, she sounds like she's into you. ask her to go for a drink and after the first one or two (dutch courage, don't get drunk), tell her that you like her and try to kiss her. My money is on her feeling the same way.

Best of luck.
    Ger

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

please just do it, i'm sure you have lots of friends this could be something more but you will never know if you don't take a chance. I think she probably feels the same, why would she spend so much time with you, and your bed!!! just try to do it soon before she slips away. Ask her on a date to the cinema or something, if thats too hard, next time you are out wait for the right moment, tell how much you like her, if all else fails if you get a chance grab her and give her a big kiss and see what happens. You have no chance of meeting anyone else if you are so wrapped up in her, so why not give it a go. Go on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Sonderval

It also sounds like your giving her everything she wants, without all the relationship hassle. Your selling your stall of goods for free dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭peekyboo

OP you sound quite young and if this girl is even younger again then maybe she's a little shy of making a move and needs you to take the lead.

What age are you?

Advertisement