Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corneal abrasion and pupil dilation!

Options
  • 16-11-2008 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Not looking for medical advice as have already been to the hospital but i have a corneal abrasion or in laymans terms my eyeball is cut (well the lining!)

Anyway i was examined and she dilated my pupils, said should return to normal in 12 hours.

Well its been 26 hours and my pupil is still huge! Granted its night time and would be big but its still much bigger than my non injured eye. Relieved the pain is not as intense but....

Is this normal? I dont want to go to the doc over something so trivial unless i have to however i am a little concerned about damaging my eye with the sun etc if the pupil wont undilate? Or it could be fine in the morning i just dont know :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

well it would be unusual for her to dilate both pupils for an abrasion on one eye, are you sure she dilated both?

Advertisement