Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL tv any good? good deal?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Is your Ma fit?
    <only joking couldn't rsist>

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭breaux

Sneachta wrote: »
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20081120.p.Targa22LCDTV

My mam wants a tv to watch while on the thread mill so thought this might be a good buy.

Does anyone know better?

Thanks
    Also, why is it showing at €269.99 on the web and €299.99 on their leaflet.!!!! Which is it..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Sneachta wrote: »
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20081120.p.Targa22LCDTV

My mam wants a tv to watch while on the thread mill so thought this might be a good buy.

Does anyone know better?

Thanks

Go for this one instead

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=347590

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Why do you recommend this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,852 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Samsung produce some of the best LCD's. This makes Lidl look expensive !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Ill second that. Have a 22" samsung myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

The Samsung over the Lidl is a no brainer really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Those Lidl TV's have a disastrous breakdown rate - go for the Samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

As if it isn't clear enough OP...... go for the Samsung! Excellent screens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

does the samsung have any sort of audio out?, i have the stero on my current tv but i have to unplug and into the other device when i change source, if icould run it all through the telly itd be good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

eamon234 wrote: »
    Those Lidl TV's have a disastrous breakdown rate - go for the Samsung

Have bought 2 samsung tv's so far and have had nothing but problems, flickering screens, backlight leaking, infra red sensor not working on tv etc. Even when i got them repaired, they just developed other problems down the line. Will never ever buy a samsung tv again. For cheap samsung tv's, samsung use cheap lcd panels. Customer service was great when I had problems with the first tv so I went ahead and got another samsung tv, which developed problems after a few months and had them repaired. Now its out of warranty and vga is unusable due to absolutely terrible flickering, backlight leaking in all corners and looks like their is slight flickering on all other connections.

luckily the linked tv has a 36 month warranty as I wont be suprised if needs to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭antomack

That Samsung T220HD is available in Tesco's for the same price of €299 so you'd save on delivery, it's marked as a special offer available till Nov 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

bear in mind that the lidl tv comes with a 3 year guarantee - may be useful in this instance with both tv's breaking down right, left and centre;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Xtravision have an LG 22" for €299 or a 32" model for €499

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

They have sony lcd 32" tv and surround sound dvd system for 549 from currys and I think sony centre too. That indeed is a bargain, I paid same for just the telly during the summer.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Went and bought the Lidl tv in the end. Will bring it back if I find a better deal in the meantime before Christmas. I like the 3 year guarantee and couldnt see much difference in the samsung and lidl tvs. thanks to everyone for your help.

Advertisement