Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimple/Cheek piercings?

Options
  • 16-11-2008 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hey does any one have any advice on dimple/cheek piercings??I have heard that they leave REALLY big holes in your cheeks when u take out the piercing? I have had laberat and the madonna done and i dont mind the mark they have left any help pleasssssssssseeeeee!!! Thanks :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Dont have them but they are supposed to be a nightmare to heal, also the marks are more visible I'd imagine cos there not under your lip there out there on their own if you get me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 typerchick

Ya that is what I have heard I am still really tempted though!!I dont even know if they do it in Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Any piercing parlour worth their salt will do them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Not sure of the studios down in cork, they're an anoying piercing by all accounts and are quite easy to catch on the bars when eating thus wrecking your teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

typerchick wrote: »
    Ya that is what I have heard I am still really tempted though!!I dont even know if they do it in Cork?

I'm pretty sure most places do it. Definatly Cody in Oblivion(i think) i'd say. and tattoo zoo. Go in and ask sure :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Go to Tattoo Zoo, I've heard rumours that Maurice is back. If it's true he'd be the best person in Cork to talk to about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

Cheek piercings are one of the hardest piercings to heal, they're temperamental, never fully heal properly. A mate of mine has his 4 years and they still tend to ooze and puss quite a lot - especially when he's run down. So be prepared to spend a lot of time keeping them clean and doing regular soaks.
    Bear in mind you're also left with permanent dimples, so if you choose to go ahead with it, be sure to go to a reputable piercer where they'll get the placement perfect. Last thing you want is someone to make a mess of your face :)

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 typerchick

Thanks every one I will be in the city tomorrow so will find out more! If Maurice is back whoot whoo i say because I have got all my piercings from him and I think he is tops!!

I already have dimples so im used to them !! As far as healing is concerned I will definitly have to find out more I have had problems healing my madonna piercing! Thanks for all the advice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 RoisinKing

Hi Just To let ye no i got my dimple/cheek pierced
    it is not 1 bit sore, mine healed up in 1 and half weeks i've never had a problem with it i thought it would hurt wen i smiled but it actually dosent,,the hole is the same size as your nose hole if yah have that pierced..well mine is any way,,,do you av your tongue pierced?
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

RoisinKing wrote: »
    mine healed up in 1 and half weeks

Do you even know what you are talking about because no piercing can heal in one and half weeks not even the lobes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 RoisinKing

unknown13 wrote: »
    Do you even know what you are talking about because no piercing can heal in one and half weeks not even the lobes.

Helllo Likee Noo Im Nott Stppidd i SHuuud Noo I Have It Done Rittee
    And Itt Cann Annd i Mennt Thatt Yhuu Wontt Nottiice Iss As In Feell Likke Itss There Aftter a Weekk,,,
    Soo Yhu Wuud Wanna Shuut Yhur Mouuuth Awrryt,,
    I shud No My Muum Ownns A Piercingg shoopp,,
    so fuk yhu,.,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Here look chill out will ya?

Banned for a few days to cool down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

these piercings can look so super cute if they have healed correctly, i worked in a shop for ages and we had a regular customer that had big keloids on hers and it just made them look nasty!

be 100% sure before to do it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kitty k

Hey I would say the scarring would be more like the lower lip labret piercing as they should be pierced with the same size jewellry and any piercing over time will fade pretty well but on the cheek the dimple might be more obvious...My husband has them done and loves them, one does flare up every now and then but it clears up by itself, I would think they can be more troublesome in men with facial hair being a factor :D And any piercing can get funny if you are run down.... Its a lovely piercing but I think placement is very important I have seen some really dodgey looking ones from an aesthetic point of view so make sure you get a good piercer...

Advertisement