Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Will the recession affect us?

Options
  • 16-11-2008 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

I want to know how will the recession affect me
    Im currently getting about 1100 a week
    i defo wont loose my job but may have to work less so pay may just go down to 700 ,i have 3 kids (who want a lot for xmas)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

if you have to work less, spend the extra time with your kids in lieu of of the xmas presents, win win.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pauldiv

Your life might well turn out for the better for it if you can adapt to the change.
    Because you are working and earning less it does not mean that your life will become worse. Far from it in fact.
    Getting used to less money can be hard but you will always find ways to economise. It's simple - dont spend more than you have coming in.
    After the bills come luxuries like xmas etc.
    Redundancy changed my outlook because there were a few hard times to endure but it took me back to the basics and grounded me for good.
    I wish you well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I can tell you a few colleagues of mine in IT have taken redundancy in a MNC so it is spreading.
    OP - save money, everyone will need lots of savings for that rainy day.

Advertisement