Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

usb flash drive problem please help!!!

Options
  • 15-11-2008 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

hello all,now i dont know much about computers but i bought a usb memory stick/flash drive so i could transfer data from one computer to another but it doesnt seem to be working.

when it is in the computer and i drag items to it it says it is copying the files to the flash drive when they are finished copying it shows them installed on it,but when i remove it from my computer and plug it back in they have vanished!

do i have to save them onto the flash drive?

can anyone help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

cheers
    markos

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

anyone??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Try formatting the drive in 'my computer', right click format etc. This will wipe it clean so make sure the data is still on your pc/laptop before doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Before unplugging it look down in the lower right corner near your clock on the toolbar, there should be a sort of green arrow icon, right click and you should be able to remove the USB drive properly.

I never usually do this, but on 1 single occasion I did find that unplugging a usb key lead to data being lost, and this prevented it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

i had the same problem before, it was a cheap pen drive that i bought off ebay, i formatted the drive and transferred date to it again, it looks like the data has transferred ok but when i try to access it...nothing.... i just binned it and spent a few quid on a decent transcend 8g pen drive, have had no problems and the data transfer rates are superb.

cheers lads for the advice.

dave i laughed when i read your reply i did buy it on ebay so ill take your advice and bin it....................16gb flashdrive for €13.00 he saw me comin!!:D

could anyone recommened a good brand to use?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I used a sandisk cruser for a while ('twas stolen :mad:). Very good pen drive.

markos79 wrote: »
    cheers lads for the advice.

dave i laughed when i read your reply i did buy it on ebay so ill take your advice and bin it....................16gb flashdrive for €13.00 he saw me comin!!:D

could anyone recommened a good brand to use?

the 8g one i also purchased from ebay, but it was a trusted power seller and shipped from the uk not asia where most of the crappy ones seem to come from.
    heres the link to the 8g one i purchased, this guy has a 99.9% positive feedback on over 77,000 items , thats why i went with him and i would definately use him again.

best of luck.

edit : handy if i put the link in !!!

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310087170259

;)cheers dave i used your link and bought one,good price.

thanks again

no probs,

Advertisement