Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choices, or not worth it really?

Options
  • 15-11-2008 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Stupid internets and my love of a bargain have led me to find this Dura Ace Grupo for 616 euro, or I can pick up SRAM Force for the same price... these seem like too good a deal too pass up, even though it won't go on a new bike until next year -the question is, which one is better value!

Opinions on a postcard to the usual address :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

That dura ace price is pretty sweet alright, is it really a necessary upgrade from your ultegra sl at the moment?

I am in a somewhat similar circumstance, I saw the cyclesuperstore have the Mavic Ksyrium SL wheelset marked down from €915 euro to €636. I have Aksiums at the moment and while they are pretty entry level, they suit me fine and I haven't found myself "needing" a new wheelset. But the price, coupled with those sexy colours is very tempting (Link)

I think for now I will hang onto the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    That dura ace price is pretty sweet alright, is it really a necessary upgrade from your ultegra sl at the moment?

I am in a somewhat similar circumstance, I saw the cyclesuperstore have the Mavic Ksyrium SL wheelset marked down from €915 euro to €636. I have Aksiums at the moment and while they are pretty entry level, they suit me fine and I haven't found myself "needing" a new wheelset. But the price, coupled with those sexy colours is very tempting (Link)

I think for now I will hang onto the cash.

It's not as an upgrade, it's for my new Cervelo (when I order it next year) -so think of it as long term speculation! (it'll sit boxed in my flat for maybe 6 months before going on the new frame)

Those Ksyrium's are very nice... you should go for 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Those Ksyrium's are very nice... you should go for 'em!

No no no, you are meant to be the little angel on my shoulder who appeals to my common sense, not the other guy!

Ok, fair enough then, if its for a new build then it might be worth it. Its 7800 though with an R700 chainset (I think that's the one I have, ultegra grade). You *might* be able to get it cheaper in the new year when everyone is getting rid of their 7800 stock for 7900.

Still, the full set is €865 from CSS, so I don't want to speculate how much they might let it go for on sale.

I say go for it, I can't see you getting a much better offer as long as you dont want the dura ace chainset.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I say go for it, I can't see you getting a much better offer as long as you dont want the dura ace chainset.

But the bigger question is SRAM Force or DA though! :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Well the Force is sold out, so that narrows down your choices.

• Advertisement

el tonto wrote: »
    Well the Force is sold out, so that narrows down your choices.

Just noticed that!

Hmmmm maybe I'll leave it for now, though that price for DA is very tempting!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Just noticed that!

Hmmmm maybe I'll leave it for now, though that price for DA is very tempting!

Subliminal message: buy it

Advertisement