Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Brannigan randonee

Options
  • 15-11-2008 5:37pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else doing this? Sign on at McDonalds Pub in Clonee from 9:30am. They're pushing off at 10:30.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Yup, I will be there. Gonna cycle out, about 27km so I'm thinking if I leave at 8am I should arrive with time to spare.

If anyone else is cycling out through town give us a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Oil Well

Thinking of doing this cycle too, I am only new to cycling.
    Do you know what route the cycle takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I only know from a friend who did it last year I think. He said the route is pretty flat and since its a charity event to raise money, the pace is fairly relaxed and its just a nice day out.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Yes, it's kind of frustrating that they don't post the route, but the territory around that neck of the woods is pretty flat. Some nice roads too. Mrs. Tonto is threatening to make her radonee debut on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭ba

ill be there with the dublin wheelers crew. btw, it'll be a race for those who want it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Race = instant divorce for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

ba wrote: »
    ill be there with the dublin wheelers crew. btw, it'll be a race for those who want it.

Randonee = Excursion
    Dictionary def: a short trip or outing to some place, usually for a special purpose and with the intention of a prompt return

Ahhh, highlighted word, leads me to the word race.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

ba wrote: »
    it'll be a race for those who want it.

+1

Advertisement