Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin drinks

Options
  • 15-11-2008 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Well, Christmas is approaching (sorry). Maybe we should all go for some drinks at some point and cycle home sozzled?

DCC (the cycling one) are doing drinks on 18th Dec in POD on Harcourt St. We could tag onto that.

Or maybe go for a christmas cycle and stop in Johnny foxes for drinks some saturday afternoon or something.

Anyone ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Great idea Verb, I was thinking of something similar a while ago. Definitely have to incorporate some kind of cycling into a christmas drinks.

Count me in.

P.S. Santa hats essential!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Like the Johnny Foxes idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

has to be on or before 19th dec for me! after that i no be here,

• Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Johnny Foxes +1.

3034423970_1026f54c81.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

good idea but what about something a bit more central for us Northsiders ... town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

+1 for city centre

Where's good in the city centre that has bike parking close by?

I'll suggest the church again, but don't mind really... I'll go anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Where's good in the city centre that has bike parking close by?

I'll suggest the church again, but don't mind really... I'll go anywhere!

Sounds good, but I guess we'll be sitting inside this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Well, most Saturday cycles tend to head out into Wicklow. It's probably easiest to just say right, on X saturday, we go for a spin as usual, and on the way home, pile into a pub. I'm thinking just a few drinks and off home.

Everyone has too much on during christmas to allocate a specific night, so why not just combine it with a saturday spin which everyone goes out on.

Trooping into a pub in town with cycle gear and bikes in tow is a bit awkward. Although we could of course just pick a night and everyone go in! Or do both!

I'm nearly of the view that having it on a regular spin is a bad idea. I would think a short spin where people can be properly clothed and not sweating/tired/dehydrated after a saturday spin would be best.

Just an idea, I don't mind what happens as long as I can wear a santa hat!

• Advertisement

Ok, I have been thinking so, not being too vague, how about December 17/18th, in town, evening about 7/8 and somewhere that you can park a bike without it getting knicked straight away?

I'd say that it should be a non-spin event. If people want to cycle into there so be it. But in all fairness we can't really go off on motorists moaning about 2 abreast if we go organizing a drink-cycle event.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Anytime I've walked into a pub in full cycling gear before I might as well have been wearing assless chaps from the looks I got. I think something you can wear your civvies to would work best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Id like to see you in arseless chaps my friend,or ...arseless Orwell Bib Shorts,ummmhhh.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Ok, I have been thinking so, not being too vague, how about December 17/18th, in town, evening about 7/8 and somewhere that you can park a bike without it getting knicked straight away?

That's the church then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

That's the church then!

Yeah sounds good to me:D

Sweet we are agreed (nearly!). So santa hats, pinstripe suits and assless chaps for those who are so inclined!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

el tonto wrote: »
    Anytime I've walked into a pub in full cycling gear before I might as well have been wearing assless chaps from the looks I got. I think something you can wear your civvies to would work best.

Oh Dear that nearly made me choke on the popcorn I was eating!

The Church sounds good to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Just to break the pattern a bit... +1 on Johnny Foxes. Post-spin.

Loads of Xmas stuff on and a Saturday spin to escape it all would be great. Would also like to see cyclists' bikes and gear etc. rather than the nadir of their offbike fashion sense. It wouldn't have to be a mad one. A drink or two in Johnny Foxes after a spin in cycling gear where it's obvious that cycling is the common link sounds good to me...

In theory we could do both since most of us are out on saturdays anyway. We could have the johnny fox meet at the end of november?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

Sounds like this is a done deal already but what about Hogans on Georges st? Bike parking right outside, huge windows so you can still see your steed from inside and its a bit of a courier pub so you won't feel out of place in lycra tights. Plus its just up the road from the George so ElTonto can show off these assless chaps he's so desparate for us to see:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Yes, everyone in the George wears that kind of stuff, don't you know.

Yes, everyone in the George wears that kind of stuff, don't you know.

I didn't, but you do seem knowledgeable... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

Yeah, it was a stab in the dark on my part but now I'm thinkin you might not have been given the said defective pantaloons as a comedy gift.

'68 wrote:
    Sounds like this is a done deal already but what about Hogans on Georges st? Bike parking right outside, huge windows so you can still see your steed from inside and its a hole of a place
    Fixed :D

kenmc wrote: »
    Fixed :D

I quite like Hogans, but prefer the Church!

Why not make it a Thursday night, and go to Fibbers -3euro drinks! :)

Some of us gave up going to Fibbers by the time we had our Leaving Cert done.

Some of us gave up going to Fibbers by the time we had our Leaving Cert done.

I've got another couple of years left to go there then :p
    I wish...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Church is good pour moi so ! Could have a seperate christmas cycle replete with santa paraphernalia and just stop like yee seem to regularly do in Enniskerry.

Advertisement