Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mavic Ksyrium Elite 08 vs 09 Model

Options
  • 15-11-2008 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Question:

Is it worth paying an extra €150 for the Ksyrium Elite 09 model? They are 140 grammes lighter, and that appears to be the only main difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

do you need 140 less grams??? thats what I would be asking, if you are a serious racer, then yes, if it's just for spins, get some other accessories with the €150 you would save yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Are they actually lighter, or is that just published weight? (they can vary quite a bit). I think there's no point spending 150 for only 140g personally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

xz wrote: »
    do you need 140 less grams??? thats what I would be asking, if you are a serious racer, then yes, if it's just for spins, get some other accessories with the €150 you would save yourself
    Are they actually lighter, or is that just published weight? (they can vary quite a bit). I think there's no point spending 150 for only 140g personally

I'm with xz and Tiny on this. Go with the 08's, save the 150yoyos and then bide your time, shop smart in January and save the weight on a new lot of finishing kit (bars, stem, seatpost etc). You can save quite a bit of weight on a saddle alone - they might not be 'plush' though. Then you'll be strating the new season with a nicely pimped out machine :)

Advertisement