Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

restore computer to factory settings

Options
  • 15-11-2008 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

hi guys
    i had to get a new motherboard in my laptop last week and was told by the tech guy that i had to restore the laptop to its factory settings and then use the recovery cd. i don't have a clue how to do it?.i
    ts a packard bell easynote (sometimes i reckon i'd be better off throw a bottle of water over it and try the insurance for a new one:p)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

timbertime wrote: »
    hi guys
    i had to get a new motherboard in my laptop last week and was told by the tech guy that i had to restore the laptop to its factory settings and then use the recovery cd. i don't have a clue how to do it?.i
    ts a packard bell easynote (sometimes i reckon i'd be better off throw a bottle of water over it and try the insurance for a new one:p)

The methods are different depending on the brand/model of ur laptop but generally u either have a restored CD that came with the computer in which case u pop in the cd, restart and allow the pc to boot from CD and follow the prompts. OR there is a restore partition on ur hard drive in which case u must enter a menu when u restart the computer and BEFORE windows starts to load. What u must do to get into that menu again depends on the model. if you could throw up the exact model of easy note i could give you more specific details. but if you have the original cds you'll more than likely find what you're looking for in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭CHW

I would have thought that dropping in a new motherboard wouldn't have meant having to do anything with the hard drive (I'm presuming that the motherboard is the same as the original as it's a laptop), should be just a straight swap.

Advertisement