Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to gore or not to gore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

The Gore stuff is very good. I have a pair of winter tights which are very toasty. I have a good gilet also, although not the one you linked to. I think a good warm jersey/jacket is worth it.

Edit: is that the most uses of the word "good" in a single post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭littleknown

that was a "good" response Raam. would you go for the Jacket over the gillet then?

that was a "good" response Raam. would you go for the Jacket over the gillet then?

Well, do you want a gilet or a jacket? It's like saying do you want a tyre or handlebar tape :)

FYI: I have a selection of warm jackets, and only one gilet

Edit: good

truth is ive never used a gilet so i dont really know how good they are, reckon the arms are able to stand up to the cold a good bit more though and quite like the idea of having a smaller more packable jacket.

whats the consensus on the oxford chillout top??

many thanks:D

My reccomendation: get both Gore tops. They will be very useful. I use my gilet a lot in the cold weather.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 john77

That Gore Ozon vest looks very similar to the Gore Helium gilet. If it's the same as the Helium it's a bit light for really cold mornings. I use a Helly Hansen pro-freeze base layer under a cycling jersey with the Helium gilet on top. Works OK on a day like today when it's relatively mild as it's got a large meshed area at the back, but when it's colder you really need something a bit more substantial. i've ordered a merino windproof vest from groundeffect (www.groundeffect.co.nz) which hopefully will add a bit of warmth in the chest area.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

this gore jacket gets very good reviews
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Gore_Phantom_Windproof_Jacket/5360030077/
    the sleeves zip off as well if you get too warm!

nice one paddyb, that looks perfect, solves the gillet/jacket problem anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I have a relation who works in Gore and I have some clothing.I wear the windstopper gilet (which in my unbiased view is brilliant) with either a long sleeve jersey with a sport thermal vest or a s/sleeve jersey with arm warmers and vest and have yet to feel the cold.
    I have both gilet's and long sleeve jackets from Gore and highly recomend the gilet windstopper.Very 'comfy'on the bike.

Advertisement