Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betfair Question

Options
  • 14-11-2008 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me is there any way to tell which markets will be available for inplay betting *before* they start?

Last Wednesday I placed a (back) bet on the Sunderland v Blackburn match a few hours before kickoff, which I intended to lay off at some point during the game (when the lay odds had dropped below the backing odds), but when the game actually started all markets for that match were suspended. The other 2 Carling cup games taking place at the same time had inplay markets available.

Is there some way to tell in advance which soccer fixtures (or indeed any market) will offer inplay betting?

Cheers
    jAH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

im no expert but id imagine it will just be on televised matches? dont know what way betfair operate. was the match on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

If you go to the market, there will be a little box that says 'going in-play' .

If it's not there, it's not an inplay event:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

wb wrote: »
    If you go to the market, there will be a little box that says 'going in-play' .

If it's not there, it's not an inplay event:

thanks a million wb, never noticed that before :/

@dotsflan - nah its nothing to do with whether a match is televised or not, the Sundeland v Blackburn match was televised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

oh right im not to familiar with betfair, handy to know cheers!!!

Advertisement