Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultegra 10sp Drivetrain

Options
  • 14-11-2008 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Ok nearly went arse over tit twice going uphill to-day.Time to change chainand cassette.
    CRC were the cheapest @ €55 but Not In Stock.
    Tried Ribble €57.26,Wiggle @ €74,Cycelogical @€;95,cycleways.com @ €74.

Does anyone know anywhere that I am missing that might be worth a crack.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Try http://www.parker-international.co.uk/ not always the cheapest but good range. Quick delivery too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

yeah tried them.Coming in at €50 and 12.50 p+p.If they are quick may give tem a try.Thanks Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'm about to take a 10sp off my bike tonight (changing for a SRAM 11-25)... it's 12-27 iirc, maybe 4000km on it but in fine nick... you're welcome to it if you want, say 20 quid?

we may just be able to do a deal.Is it a shimano?

bcmf wrote: »
    we may just be able to do a deal.Is it a shimano?

I'll have to check the branding, but I *think* so -certainly Ultegra comparable... it's the standard one from a Focus Varidao Expert -I'll check when I get home and PM you

• Advertisement

From looking around online, it would appear that it's the 105 Cassette -the CS6500, though to be honest, there's veery little difference between it and the Ultegra one, except maybe a couple of grammes... I only went SRAM cos I wanted an 11t!

great.I will pm you my mobile as I will be out an d about to-nite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I only went SRAM cos I wanted an 11t!
    Trying to break some land speed record ? ;)

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Trying to break some land speed record ? ;)

Na, just kept spinning out on a 12!

Thanks Tiny.Cassette works a treat.Just have to get used to the ratios.Though steep hills should be easier now.Was on 25-11 .Ta again

• Advertisement

bcmf wrote: »
    Thanks Tiny.Cassette works a treat.Just have to get used to the ratios.Though steep hills should be easier now.Was on 25-11 .Ta again

No problem at all mate, I actually moved to a 11-25 myself :)

Advertisement