Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying electrical appliances in Norther Ireland

Options
  • 14-11-2008 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on buying a new TV before Christmas and compared a well known Irish store against a well known UK store for price comparison, couldn't believe the savings in buying up north,

Currys
    SONY KDL52W4000 52" LCD TV
    £1,649.99 = €1,927.47

Powercity
    SONY 52 LCD TV Model: KDL52W4000
    €2,399.95

Thats a saving of €472.52 :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

If your up north I recommend checking out Richer Sounds, there are some even bigger savings to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

You can get it from Pixmania delivered for 1808 euro - save on the petrol too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

Sterling has been in free-fall for the last week, it lost 6% of its value vs euro yesterday to its lowest ever value of 0.86.
    Makes purchases of goods in sterling very cheap for euro shoppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

I am still yet to find out whether a television bought in Northern Ireland will work with a normal NTL connection in Dublin. It certainly used to be the case that they would not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

Depends on the manufacturer. Most have UHF, VHF tuners along with Freeview but Panasonic do UK specific TVs with Freeview and UHF, no VHF tuner which is needed here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

what about warranty?

does it extend to the republic if you buy in NI?

Advertisement