Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**iPod Touch 8GB - €185 (£158.90 stg) from Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I'm fairly sure those ipod touch's are the older generation ones. Nothing major different but good to be aware of anyway. A good price all the same. The only place you'll get the new model anyway is direct from apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure those ipod touch's are the older generation ones. Nothing major different but good to be aware of anyway. A good price all the same. The only place you'll get the new model anyway is direct from apple.

They're the new one - edit. you are correct regarding Kane's post but not slumped. There are plenty of shops that sell the new ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

There are plenty of shops that sell the new ones though.
    Where? What shops besides online?

Was looking for the 32GB version. Sony store Apple Store wants €369 (free shipping). Pixmania want €381.90 including shipping :eek:(used to buy a bit of stuff from them, but they have become so expensive lately)
    I don't need it for a month, so I should be able to get a better deal.

Boo

boopolo wrote: »
    Where? What shops besides online?

Was looking for the 32GB version. Sony store wants €369 (free shipping). Pixmania want €381.90 including shipping :eek:(used to buy a bit of stuff from them, but they have become so expensive lately)
    I don't need it for a month, so I should be able to get a better deal.

Boo

Why would the Sony Store be selling Apple products?

HMV, Golden Discs etc., the usual suspects really, ton of small shops selling them as well here in Cork.

• Advertisement

Why would the Sony Store be selling Apple products?

HMV, Golden Discs etc., the usual suspects really, ton of small shops selling them as well here in Cork.
    ooops sorry... typo (will edit).
    I meant Irish Apple Store.
    So how much in HMV and GDs for the 2-Gen 32GB?

Boo

I checked the price with HMV. It is €370 and in stock.
    Currys is €369, but not in stock.
    There seems to be a trend here.

'Rip Off Ireland' & 'Price Fixing' are terms that come to mind.

€315.50 from Amazon (but they do not deliver to Ireland). For the difference I could get three top Blu-ray titles included.

Boo

boopolo wrote: »
    I checked the price with HMV. It is €370 and in stock.
    Currys is €369, but not in stock.
    There seems to be a trend here.

'Rip Off Ireland' & 'Price Fixing' are terms that come to mind.

€315.50 from Amazon (but they do not deliver to Ireland). For the difference I could get three top Blu-ray titles included.

Boo

This has less to do with price fixing by our shops and more to do with Apple's pricing policy. Apple are very strict regarding pricing policy and don't allow retailors any room to undercut. Although, when you compare prices to what they offer in the US you'll see the huge mark-up over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

can you get 10% off iPod in HMV with student discount does anyone know?

or do they not offer it on electrical goods like them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Can you play games on all ipod touchs or does it have to be 2nd generation?

This has less to do with price fixing by our shops and more to do with Apple's pricing policy. Apple are very strict regarding pricing policy and don't allow retailors any room to undercut. Although, when you compare prices to what they offer in the US you'll see the huge mark-up over here.
    Indeed Oafley. So Apple are controlling the 'Price Fixing'.
    Thats why I tend to buy most of my electrical goods outside Ireland.

Boo

maninblack wrote: »
    can you get 10% off iPod in HMV with student discount does anyone know?

or do they not offer it on electrical goods like them?
    Nope maninblack, they don't on electrical. See here: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?ctx=1689;-1;-1;-1;-1&pPageID=2170

Boo

Advertisement