Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Glazing issue in Ongar

Options
  • 14-11-2008 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but been in Ongar a few years now.

I was just wondering if anyone else who has a Manor Homes house is having or has had issues with their double glazing.
    In my case I have just noticed that there are gaps appearing round the frames (where the frame joins the wall) and I don't knopw what is causing this.
    I have phoned a few window companies but they all say that they would happily come and fit new windows but not come and repair / sort out the problem I have.
    Now if it's just a case of putting some extra sealant round the windows, I'll happily do that, but I'm worried that theses gaps are due to some underlying issue with the windows or walls.
    If anyone has had a similar issue could you please let me know if you've managed to sort the issue or what I might need to do next.

Thanks for your help.

Worried about the looming winter weather.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

Have you checked out www.neighbours.ie/ongar ? you may get a quicker response

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Every House / Apartment is usually covered from structural defects by Homebond http://www.homebond.ie/. for a period of ten years from when it was first purchased

Contact them, as this could be a structural issue if the gaps have only started to appear in the recent past.

I presume that you have notified you property management agents???!!!!

Advertisement