Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday November 15th Spin

Options
  • 14-11-2008 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

For those not inclined to do a lap of the country.... how about 9.30 under the luas bridge in Dundrum??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

How about 2am from the Papal cross... nice flat spin... heading towards Maynooth direction or so... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

barrabus wrote: »
    For those not inclined to do a lap of the country.... how about 9.30 under the luas bridge in Dundrum??
    Sounds good. I want to be home around lunch time though, there's rugby on the telly in the pm! :D
    How about 2am from the Papal cross... nice flat spin... heading towards Maynooth direction or so... :D
    Errrrr no. Mountains FTW. :pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm out tomorrow. Funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I am out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

kenmc wrote: »
    Sounds good. I want to be home around lunch time though, there's rugby on the telly in the pm! :D

Rugby on the telebox (or hopefully in croke park) are very much on my agenda too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'd be up for this, but I'll be doing Galway-Dublin in about 20 mins early on Saturday morning.

Boeing 737 FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'm in (I prefer to confine my cycling to a single time zone).

@Tonto - My condolences to the family.

@Tiny - Quiet you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Will be Verking

emty is meeting a group at 10 heading from the glen of the downs car par, Dirk / Ken do you have any interest in join them?

glen of the downs is quite far already, before you add a couple of hours on top of that. would prefer to go straight into the hills personally

• Advertisement

Glen of the downs car park? Not too sure where that is. Does that mean do NOT pass through dundrum*?

*I resisted the obvious monopoly gag there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

I'm on for a shortish spin tomorrow too. Are we agreed on 9.30 in Dundrum? This is Paul by the way

The_Claw wrote: »
    9.30 in Dundrum?

yes

I'm on for a shortish spin tomorrow too. Are we agreed on 9.30 in Dundrum? This is Paul by the way

Paul on the Bianchi? One of us, one of us, one of us!

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Paul on the Bianchi? One of us, one of us, one of us!

You mean good 'ol 'Manky Bianchi' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

Manky-?! Why, I - well, yes, I suppose it is a little manky. I'm just in from the boozer, so if I don't show up by 940 or so please don't dally on my account. Good luck to any hirsute maniacs about to set off for Galway.

Manky-?! Why, I - well, yes, I suppose it is a little manky. I'm just in from the boozer, so if I don't show up by 940 or so please don't dally on my account. Good luck to any hirsute maniacs about to set off for Galway.

It just feels wrong making breakfast at 1 am!!!!

It's just a well loved Bianchi really mate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Enjoy your breakfast boys! That's an incredible trip. Best of luck with it. Lunatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Lovely mild morning for a cycle to Galway. Will 4 espressos be enough? Can of Red Bull is looking at the water bottle.

Just back from the pub. Wind is howling. Should be up for the spin. I don't pity the lads heading west, they are a different breed altogether.

• Advertisement

Ok,im up but I dont like the look of outside. Gonna give today a miss. If anyone has Barrabus or Lumens number could they let them know please.

it's just grey! not even raining now!

i am out also.
    something came up work wise that I have to do this morning.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Just back from the pub. Wind is howling. Should be up for the spin. I don't pity the lads heading west, they are a different breed altogether.

Nope, a failed breed... headed out, and the weather was awful, but we pressed on... after about 50k my neck and shoulders just locked up -I'm guessing I'm still not over the spill in England a couple of weeks ago (this was my first decent spin since then), and were agony so I turned back just after Edenderry.... so my spin was a fairly standard 140km, albeit starting at 2am!

Ivan pressed on, so will most likely finish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Nope, a failed breed... headed out, and the weather was awful, but we pressed on... after about 50k my neck and shoulders just locked up -I'm guessing I'm still not over the spill in England a couple of weeks ago (this was my first decent spin since then), and were agony so I turned back just after Edenderry.... so my spin was a fairly standard 140km, albeit starting at 2am!

Ivan pressed on, so will most likely finish :)

Hard luck, Tiny. There will be other opportunities. I hope Blorg makes it back OK!

Twas a lovely day for a spin though boys, myself and the claw did this. Loads of other bikers out too. Was warm enough to get just about away with short fingered gloves too!

Update on Blorg:
    I was texting him just there. He's in oranmore, 10km from galway having lunch. Still on the way TO galway. 11 hours! Eek!
    He's going to go to galway then decide what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

He must be wrecked

Verb wrote: »
    He must be wrecked

I really don't think he feels tiredness tbh! The man's a machine

• Advertisement

Not so sure about that. I quote from the text:
    "Having lunch in Oranmore, 10km from galway. Is helping me feel less ****. A bit."
    Seems like the machine has hit the wall, and the wall is far far far away :(

Advertisement