Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKS Chromoplastic Mudguards for Sale

Options
  • 13-11-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

SKS chromoplastic Mudguards for sale: (Link to Adverts)

Arrived today from wiggle but they aren't a good fit for my dispatch> Decided I will get a set of raceblades from Joe Daly's but these need a good home.

€37 off wiggle, these are completely unused (unless you consider the time I spent putting them together and checking for fit, use) and going for €30.

Good time to be getting a set for a thin tyred hybrid or more compliant road bike than mine.

I would post photos but they are brand new so I think the wiggle link should do. If anyone REALLY wants photos let me know.

PM if interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

These are very good mudguards; I have them on my tourer. Took me about a week to get them on but once they are on they stay perfectly in place and you never have to think about them again. "The Rolls Royce of mudguards" they have been called :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Oh, here is your large pile of change sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Oh, here is your large pile of change sir!

I'd love a set of these. But I don't know if I could fit them onto my bike.

Would there be any way to squeeze 'em under normal road bike callipers?

EDIT: I could swing by UCD. If early next week is not too much of a delay could I see 'em and check'em to see if I could get them on the BeOne?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Actually on second thoughts that prob won't work out as I've used p-clips at the bottom to get the rack on and I doubt there in the correct position relative to the wheel to support mudguards. D'oh! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

If they haven't sold by then (..........tumbleweed..........rollin' though........) then sure you can have a try at fitting them.

EDIT: No probs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

would you take €25 if I collect?
    Want them for my SCR, has eyelets for mudguards

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

72hundred wrote: »
    Actually on second thoughts that prob won't work out as I've used p-clips at the bottom to get the rack on and I doubt there in the correct position relative to the wheel to support mudguards. D'oh! :(
    P-clips should not be a problem, the stays are adjustable so you can move the mudguard in and out to compensate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

If they were the P65's I might have been interested. But alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I have the same black ones on my tourer. Very nice they are too, indeed the rolls royce of mudguards!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement