Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reflex bikes?

Options
  • 13-11-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Any of you guys 'n gals heard of Reflex, in particular the Horizon or Eclipse?

The misses is thinking of getting one of em for recreational purposes and can get a discount on these models.

€216.59 for the Horizon and €265 for the Eclipse, minus €100 and delivery is included.

Cant find much on google about them. Thought maybe one of you guys might have an idea/opinion?!

Cheers!
    ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Sounds more like a bicycle shaped object than a bike.
    I'd go for something with a better reputation - none of the specs are listed which worries me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I agree with Ken ...

There it is ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Yeah I thought as much.

The spec is:

Model Type :Ladies Hybrid
    Frame Construction :Hi-Ten Steel
    Forks :Hi Ten Steel
    Frame Size :19"
    Wheel Size :700c with 35c tyres
    Gear System :Shimano 18 speed Microshift (twist grip) selection, with Shimano front and rear derailleur. Shimano freewheel.
    Wheel Specification :Silver lightweight alloy rims with steel hubs.
    Brakes :Powerful alloy V-type brakes, levers have reach adjust facility.
    Handlebar/Stem: Adjustable quill type stem with riser handlebar.
    Additional Info :Spring pannier rack, full length chainguard and chromo-plastic mudguards. Ladies comfort saddle.
    Frame Colour : Blue/Silver
    Fork Colour :Silver
    Weight: 16 kg

All this considered, is it a worthwhile purchase, considering the discount?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Weight: 16 kg

Wow! well you'll be getting value for money g/€!

Might be a bit on the heavy side for a starter offer to push around. If you've a positive vibe about the OWMBO sticking with cycling I'd risk going as far as getting the Eclipse or something more reputable with an entry level aluminium frame. It'll give her an easier start, make it less work and more pleasure. Consider something along these lines . A bit more expensive but a brand known to be reliable to the last.

Advertisement