Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greenpc. 2009 is the year of green IT!

Options
  • 13-11-2008 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hello all,

I designed and developed a really green pc. After months of hard work
    i came with a product that i think everybody will love it.
    I tested many many motherboards,psus,processors,cases,fans etc...
    The result is a 30-35watt pc at FULL LOAD without loosing performance.
    Idle is at 16-18watt and at standby 0.1watt.

Nice price,nice looking, and fits perfect in any office.
    Tell me your thoughts about it!

www.greenpc.ie

Thanks a mil
    Chris

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Great idea, well done. Website looks excellent and products are surprisingly good value.

Best of luck!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sean_K wrote: »
    Highly unprofessional to spam potential customers no?
    Ah I'd hardly call that spamming, give the guy a break - I'm sure many people on this site are more than happy for him to post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

Sean Its not my company! I am only the designer. I tried to help a small Irish IT company with an idea.Nothing else.
    If the moderators think that my thread should not exist feel free to delete it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

unseen wrote: »
    Sean Its not my company! I am only the designer. I tried to help a small Irish IT company with an idea.Nothing else.
    If the moderators think that my thread should not exist feel free to delete it. :)

Ok ok i'll delete my comment. It was a bit rash.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Nah, it's grand. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cakemeister

That's great stuff there. Fair play to you. If I could afford one at the moment, I'd buy one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ubaroo

the price is a bit steep, nearly 500euro inc vat and postage for the cheapest one.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

Will it run Crysis at 1920x1080p? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

Green this, Green that, save the environment by buying my product etc etc.

Yawn.

Global Warming = HUGE $$$!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cakemeister

Good point yeah. but I suppose most people want to do their bit, or at least something. so people are very easily swayed to buy these products. I was just looking at how cool it was to be honest. but it is a bit too pricey for the mo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

Saving a few Watts isn't going to make a blindest bit of difference to something humans cannot control in the first place.

Hi-OOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Hello all,

I designed and developed a really green pc. After months of hard work
    i came with a product that i think everybody will love it.
    I tested many many motherboards,psus,processors,cases,fans etc...
    The result is a 30-35watt pc at FULL LOAD without loosing performance.
    Idle is at 16-18watt and at standby 0.1watt.

Nice price,nice looking, and fits perfect in any office.
    Tell me your thoughts about it!

www.greenpc.ie

Thanks a mil
    Chris
    Do all 3 of them systems use less than 35W? I find that hard to believe. You should list the average power consumption of each system in the spec and the same for the monitors, if not its a bit misleading.
    Good luck with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Have you considered marketing a low power thin client as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,136 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Value Added Tax is insane

Yes though, when advertising green machines Id expect to see some figures.

Eg: Q450 - Power Consumption:

Off/Hibernate: 0.001, Hybrid-Sleep: 0.01, Standby/Idle: 5.0, Stress-Test/Peak: 35.0

And the same or similar for the Monitors.

The form factor is very nice, and especially great how the machine hides behind the monitor. Desk Space++

edit: Why are almost all the monitors the same price? Seems to me the 17" screens should be cheaper than the 19" screen. you can hardly just market that off as being greener, therefore charging more.

Hi guys :)

Thanks a lot for your answers! Sorry for my late reply.

This product is designed for companies and keep that in mind!
    It is a pc for office usage / internet. It's not for Crysis :P or
    3dstudio rendering!

The price is quite high and this is because first we are assembling the pc
    here in Ireland and not in China and almost all the parts are coming from local suppliers. You know that everything is expensive in this country :(
    An option might be a model without windows vista business. I think the price will go down to 300 or sth like that.

About the consumption ONLY the first system is ~31-32w. The others are below 65 all the time.

And at last about the monitors. These are some monitors the company proposing. Because of the VESA mounting system you can attach the greenpc to almost all the monitors in the market.

Thanks again for reading my thread.
    Chris

Advertisement