Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hallucinations

Options
  • 13-11-2008 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

Would like to know if anyone has ever experienced the following, about 3 months ago I was seeing white flashes in the corner of my left eye, as if someone was shinging a torch on the wall for roughly half a second. I put it down to too much coffee and not enough water while working so I cut down and drank more water and it stopped. The last 2 months I completely gave up tea/coffee/coke/ lucozade, now the problem has come back and its worse, see these white dots every night in the corner of my eye, sometimes even both eyes, I'm putting it down to not enough exercise so I'm going to join a gym. I eat pretty well so I dont think it could be that, anyone know what it could be, I know it sounds a bit stupid, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I used to get something similar when i worked in an office with bright flourescent lights and not much natural light comin in.
    Is this similar to your environment?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Mr Floyd wrote: »
    anyone know what it could be, I know it sounds a bit stupid, thanks in advance.

It doesn't sound stupid, it sounds like a genuine medical complaint.

A complaint, which you are asking random, unqualified, strangers on the internet if they have any idea what it might be.

I will dish out the standard mantra on this forum - go see a doctor. The internet is not the place for diagnosing health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

I'd say defo go to a doctor and get it checked out. My dad used to get black spots instead of white so might not be related, but in his case it was stress / high blood pressure.

Advertisement