Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend ISOFIX car seat?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

My almost-4-year-old son is getting a little too big for the Britax Duo Plus we're using now, so we're looking around for something a tad bigger. :o

He's about 20kg right now, and we were looking at the Britax KidFix. Problem is that I'm unsure about the lack of a 5 point harness on this model.

I guess lots of people use such booster seats, which make use of the car's 3 point seat belt instead of a harness, but I think I just prefer the added safety of the 5 point harness.

Can anyone please recommend an ISOFIX car seat that utilises a 5 point harness suitable for his size now? Or am I wrong (paranoid even) in thinking that the 3 point seat belt is not safe enough for the job?

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I'm having this same problem at the moment. do you mind me asking what you ended up doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

At 4 years old, a 3 point harnass is perfect. You're being a little paranoid to be honest!! No harm in overkill, but I'm thinking you won't find what you're looking for anyway.
    A good set of tyres would be a good investment for added safety. Prevention is better than protection!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Biro wrote: »
    At 4 years old, a 3 point harnass is perfect.

Agreed - once the proper booster seat and backrest is used so the car's seat belt doesn't do damage.

My 5 year old has been in a 3 point booster for the last two years and my 2.5 year old is also in a booster (he's a bit on the big side).

I bought the standard Graco seats. Both were in a VW ISOFIX (Britax Duo Plus) beforehand. But as the belt now employed is the car's safety belt, the seat only acts an adapter to compensate for the child's size rather than a direct restraint.

Advertisement