Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper van in oz?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

hey guys,

ive read a few posts here about the international drving licence and all dat i take it i dont need one but prob will get one wats €5.08 to any of us sure its not even a pint!!!!

anywho onto my question wats the story with driving a camper van over in oz i have a full irish licence but do i need a certain catagory on it to drive a camper van out there???

advice much apppreciated:)

sure while im here have 25 days on gold coast anyone any must do's or see's
    thanks a million billion:)

oh and anyone know any good rental companys out there???
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

anywho onto my question wats the story with driving a camper van over in oz i have a full irish licence but do i need a certain catagory on it to drive a camper van out there???

advice much apppreciated:)

sure while im here have 25 days on gold coast anyone any must do's or see's
    thanks a million billion:)

oh and anyone know any good rental companys out there???
    cheers

A full Irish one will do, no certain category ....
    Fraser Island is a must see, I'd also travel to whitsunday and sail around the island ... those two are the big must see's

there are loads of camper van ... just google them
    Juicy.com.au
    britz.com.au
    wickedcampers.com.au
    to name a few

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye i did some travelling in a wicked camper. they're pretty cool. plus they get ya a lot of attention!

other places are Surfers Paradise and Australia Zoo. Both are pretty cool for a day or two.

dont go to numbin. full of half dead smelly hippies! Byron Bay is similar, except its more surfer hippies who are fully alive.

Advertisement