Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2009 on the PS2, anyone playing and best price?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here is actually playing this on the PS2 at all. And if so whats the online like.

Had a go of it there over the weekend at a mates place and really enjoyed it, it just felt right again when I picked up the controller and started playing, this compared to the mess of a game on the 360. Its really got me wanting to get now and I wanna know who's selling it the cheapest?

It's amazing to think that a game can still be so much better on an older gen console after 3 attempts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

it doesnt have online. good to hear its still a good game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

I got it for 24.99 in Xtravision.
    Really enjoying it, only played Become a legend so far.
    No Champions League mode though.
    I don't think the BAL mode is as deep as on the next gen consoles though, there doesn't seem to be any training games, just normal league and cup (a good thing IMO, prob coz I am a regular starter!).

Well worth buying, especially at the low price it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Random1

Had a go of it there over the weekend at a mates place and really enjoyed it, it just felt right again when I picked up the controller and started playing, this compared to the mess of a game on the 360.

It's amazing to think that a game can still be so much better on an older gen console after 3 attempts.

have u actually played it on the 360/PS3!?? i don't know how anyone could continue to play it on a ps2, they're like 10years old! i have it for the 360 & it's quality! seen it on the ps2 & i wouldn't even be bothered with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Random1 wrote: »
    have u actually played it on the 360/PS3!?? i don't know how anyone could continue to play it on a ps2, they're like 10years old! i have it for the 360 & it's quality! seen it on the ps2 & i wouldn't even be bothered with it

Played it on the 360 and wasn't too impressed, in fact I was disgusted, I'm not going into why here, there's plenty of threads for that. I have it ordered off gamesenders for rent too see if I'll change my mind on it after the overdue update, but I'm not holding my breath, I'll probably be posting it back the next day.

The PS2 is 8 years old, closing in on 9 if I'm not mistaken, but it still has some quality titles that I play from time to time, and a decent game of PES is no exception. Next gen Pro Evo's have been sh1te in comparison when it comes to pure pick up and play-ness and endless quality games with your mates.

For €24.99 in Xtravision I think I'll have to pick this up now:D

Advertisement