Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School Broadband NCTE is it still live?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to see how many people out their know if the School's broadband project is still alive?
    As we have it, and it's about 1Mbit~, not so helpful when you have about 200 users on it each day,
    But we can get 4Mbit's on an ADSL line that i will be upgrading to what ever it can take!
    But i need to know if any other schools out their have gone with their setup and not the NCTE connection?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Hi, I'm looking to see how many people out their know if the School's broadband project is still alive?

Very .
    As we have it, and it's about 1Mbit~, not so helpful when you have about 200 users on it each day,
    But we can get 4Mbit's on an ADSL line that i will be upgrading to what ever it can take!
    But i need to know if any other schools out their have gone with their setup and not the NCTE connection?

I take it you are not on ADSL now. 100's of schools have been transferred to ADSL from sats only this year. Ring the helpdesk and give them the details for a line that passes the test and they will sort it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Very .

I take it you are not on ADSL now. 100's of schools have been transferred to ADSL from sats only this year. Ring the helpdesk and give them the details for a line that passes the test and they will sort it for you.

About 4000~ schools at the beginning, but i'm a bit warey about moving the NCTE network access to the ADSL line as they use this http://www.fortiguardcenter.com/webfiltering/webfiltering2.html"]Fortiguardand it's not so great, we've tested other more locolized solutions which can be managed internally, it takes + 24hrs to get a site blocked or unblocked for example.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Some schools even get a separate DSL line for the staffroom out of their own resources :D

Advertisement